Sunday, September 17, 2006
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your LiveJournal/blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
This meme has me somewhat at a disadvantage because I don't listen to music all that much, except when I am out in a bar or four in Tokyo, Hong Kong, or Singapore, and truth be told I don' get out here as much as I would like to. Plus in Hong Kong, at the bars I go to, they play all the same songs! (See Spike for the list!) The only other time I listen to music for a protracted period of time is driving in the car to play golf. The rest of the time I take the train so all I get to hear is the JR theme music!
In the car I keep 3 CD's. They are all Jethro Tull CD's. While of course I listen to the classics (Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Living in the Past, Passion Play, Cry you a Song), there are 3 of their lesser known songs that I like and have been playing a lot in the car:
1) Flyingdale Flyers- All Ian Anderson songs are hard to get the meaning out of, but this one appears to be about UFO's. "Keep your hand off that Red Telephone!"
2) This is not love- Most probably a commentary on my relationship with the S.O. -
"How come you know better than me, how come you know better than me, so how come you know better than me-that this is not love?"
3) Kissing Willie- "She's a nice girl but bad girls are better!"
4)I like REM particularly "Man in the Moon".-"See you in heaven if you make the list....yea, yea, yea!"
5) While in Korea at my favorite watering hole ( the one with the barmaid I lust after.....) they have a video jukebox with a wireless mouse. Its free and I want to play with the barmaid's mouse anyway. So this comes from that playlist-Paradise by the Dashboard light. I love the play by play in the middle, "Squeeze play at the plate, this one is going to be close-HOLY COW! I think he's gonna make it!"
6)So does this one- Fleetwood Mac's "Go your own way"- my theme song.
7) Finally I am a big fan of SMAP, which is an incredibly popular Japanese group. I get to listen to them on FM Yokohama 84.7!- "Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana" is a great song-and a popular TV theme.
There. I've completed my task. I know what you are asking about now, "Skippy, don't you have any music from this century?". The short answer is, I don't. Sue me.
I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but most of the people I read have been tagged already. So I'll just tag the Phibian, Sourrain, and Steeljaw Scribe and let them pass it on!